Sunday, June 21, 2015

Importance

Hey everyone! I know I haven't been on here in awhile but I promise I will make up for it with my upcoming posts. I my previous blog post, someone asked me why this issue has had such an impact on me and my family. Well, today in this post I would love to share with you guys.

Most of you who have been reading since the beginning, or who know me personally also know that on my fathers side of the family, we come from African-American decent. With the history of my ancestry, I was always curious about our struggles as a community throughout the years. This subject does not really interest my father, but for some reason it holds a very special place within me. Jus the fact that my elder ancestors have struggles through slavery, discrimination and racism bothers me to an extreme extent. Even though I did not live through the slavery, I can feel their pain emotionally. As well as I never endured and racial discrimination because I am so pale considering I'm only about a quarter black.

Despite the fact that I haven't experienced an racism towards me personally, I know my family members have. It breaks my heart to know that someone I love, someone that I know is such a nice, caring, loving and respectful person was mistreated because of their skin color. That's what gets to me and many of my family members. The simple fact that we're all the same but since someone has a different skin color means that they should be treated differently. Sometimes even worse. That should not be the case. We are al equal individuals, black, white, man, woman, gay or straight. We should all be treated the same no matter what the circumstances are socially.

I hope you guys can agree with me and have enjoyed this post. It means o much to me that I have people to read and support this blog because this subject means a lot to me and I hope it has made a special place within you to care more about it. Thank you!

xx until next time xx

No comments:

Post a Comment